I  think that after having 3 very painful  back surgeries severely complicated
by the development  of staph infection after the first surgery,  that a
catheter for the introduction of pain medication sounds like a good idea. I
had L3-4 fused three
times I still have a back full of titanium hardware.

At the last surgery they put a cross bar in my back  in an attempt to help
the fusion stabity because of my dyskinesias.      I have  recently developed
pain when
my badder fills.  I would caution any PD patient to very carefully evaluate
their
decision to have  back surgery!  Good luck and please keep us posted on how
the patient does.

the