dear graham,

i've taken the liberty and am re-posting your note at the P-I-E-N-O's
website.  it is a more active PD list with a group of subscribers that
are unfailingly reliable at comparing notes, sharing experiences, and
offering advise and resources.  i'll bet someone on this list would be
able to shed some light on your mom's condition.

note that while posting to the group is done at this address:

the archives and home page are at the following one (if you can't access
directly, copy and paste the URL into your browser):
http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkmail/maillist.html

scroll down the page in order to view the chronologically-posted messages,
as well as access the "search" function.

to subscribe to the list, send an e-mail in which you write in the body
of the message (sans quotes!), "subscribe [your e-mail address]" to:

good luck,

ariela

(originally posted on 8/26 at http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/nobordersforparkinsondisease)

Hi Tina,

I visited my mum today and I asked her about the hot pains that she gets.
 This is what she said:

"A coldness feeling travels up the spine and I feel cold, and need to
put on a jacket. This cold feeling lasts for about 30 minutes.  After
the coldness, comes the hot pains. These hot pains last for about 2
hours.  I get the hot pains in my tummy and chest and back. When I feel
the hot pains, I get so hot that I have to take my bra and top off. Underneath
my skin where it feels hot I can feel my muscles moving around, they
are pulling and shoving. The pain is intense sometimes and it makes me
cry.  It is really hot and I feel like I am burning. Sometimes the pains
are sharp but mostly they are broad. When I get the hot pains in my tummy
region, my tummy swells up and I have to put on a dress that is a size
bigger."

Well Tina, that is what my mum has said about the hot pains. It doesn't
sound too nice to me.

Mum has been to her doctor about the "hot pains" but the doctor says
he can't do anything to help her!

What does it sound like to you? Does it sound like she needs some muscle
relaxants or special exercises to relieve these hot pains?

I just called mum on the phone and she is having one of her "zaps" as
she calls it. It is one of her muscle stiffness or frozen episodes. She
says that she has muscle cramps in her back and tummy right now during
this episode. These cramps don't always happen, but they mostly happen
when she has one of these episodes. These cramps are sometimes very,
very painful.

What can we do about these cramps Tina?

We give mum mineral, vitamin and anti-oxidant supplements which have
improved her general health and wellbeing greatly. We manage her arthritis
well with these supplements.  Her eyes are a lot clearer now and are
even turning a bluer colour and her hair, which used to be all grey is
turning dark again (This is due to reducing free radical damage to her
body). Apart from parkinson's disease mum's general health is great.
 Without these supplements mum would be a virtual zombie.

So it has come down to managing these cramps and hot pains now. If we
could manage these cramps and hot pains then mum would have a far greater
quality of life.

I would be very greatful for your assitance Tina.

Thanks for your help Tina.

Regards
Graham ([log in to unmask])

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/nobordersforparkinsondisease/bbsfrp?action=r&tid=nobordersforparkinsondisease&sid=1600061784&mid=578

Return to "No borders for Parkinsondisease":
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/nobordersforparkinsondisease

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com