In a message dated 8/23/2001 1:59:00 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< If this is true, then I wonder how much the expectation of a reward,
not only as symptomatic relief from taking meds, but also from any
non-PD-related reward source, affects symptoms in our daily lives and
is a factor in what we perceive to be the effects of our regular meds? >>

I am convinced that expectations affect symptoms, which is all the more
reason for us to strive to maintain optimism and do as many things as we can,
even the smallest things imaginable, to help us feel in control of some part
of our lives.

Kathleen