I made the mistake of combining two different things in my message.
However, at least in my case, the same remedy works for both, but for
different reasons.

I find that deliberate movement, such as walking, will alleviate
dyskinesias.  I like the convenience of Sinemet CR, but the release of
medication and its utilization by the body does vary.  Sometimes there
is too much and the result is dyskinesia.

Sometimes there is not enough medication.  Deliberate movement is not an
immediate help for that.  But I think that the affect of PD on the heart
and circulatory system needs more emphasis.  Basically, I think that
sometimes the pump just needs to be primed and deliberate movement
serves that purpose.

Jorge A Romero MD wrote:

 > It is important to separate out the effects of too much treatment from
 > insufficient treatment.  In general, dyskinesias occur when the dose of
 > Sinemet peaks too high;  stiffness and rigidity emerge when the level of
 > medication drops (trough level) too low to be fully effective.  Since
 > Sinemet (even CR) is a short acting medication, high peaks and low
troughs
 > can occur in the same person.
 >

 > Jorge A Romero, MD

mailto:[log in to unmask]