Pramipexole = Mirapex
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rayilyn Brown
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 5:28 PM
  Subject: Pramipexole - promise for PD???

  Dear LIST, has anyone out there had experience wwith this med?  If so what
  arre the side effects?
  "Dear Dr. L: just saw this in most recent issues of Family Circle mag:
  "Preliminary studies show that a rug being used to treat the symptoms of
  Parkinsons diseases (pramipexole) may also help prevent the disease's
  progression. American Academy of Neurology"

  Since the regular agonists and Sinemet don't work for me and I"m not on PD
  meds I'd be intersted to know if this assertion has any merit. I'm not
  holding my breath. Maybe I"ve just missed discussions of it since I've
  almost given up on PD meds.

  Thanks, [log in to unmask]