Dear Olga--- welcome to PIEN list.  Here are a few suggestions from
my files  to help with daily living.

***********
Dear Friends---especially those living outside the continental USA-----
I was concerned that often  our "overseas" (that is non-USA) members may
not have access so easily to PD publications and resources for information.

Thus, I inquired of the National Parkinson Foundation (Miami,
Florida)   whether
their excellent pubs might be available to folks outside the USA and what
the costs would be.

Today I received the following response:

         >Hello:
         >Let's try it on the honor system.
         >We will send the literature along with an invoice for the cost of
         >shipping the package.  The information as always is free.
         >Please have these requests marked somewhere (Attention: M.
Alicea/Care)

I would encourage listmembers to take advantage of this excellent resource.
I expect that pubs can be ordered by e-mail, so that not even a
long-distance phone call is required. The e-mail address is :

         NPF Mailbox:    <[log in to unmask]>

         Don't forget to say "Attention: M. Alicea/Care"

For your information, a few of the topics covered by their pubs are:
"Patient Perspectives on Parkinsons" by Sid & Donna Dorros,  "Practical
Pointers for Parkinsonians", "Nutrition Matters" (abridged from Kathrynne
Holden's book),  "Fitness Counts"(exercises),  "The  Parkinson Handbook--a
Guide for Patients & Families",   "Speaking Out"-( on speech & swallowing ),
"Medications"

If you are interested in a particular subject, include that in your e-mail
message and ask if they have something about it.
***********
ALSO this--
If you haven't tried using John's ways to finding archive and other
materials, do go to <http://parkinsons-information-exchange-online.com>
You will be amazed at the ease of searching and finding what you need.
Thanks, John!!  See John's 62200 post below for more information.

*********
Care-Giver Handbook and the Algorithm....
  these two items have been
moved online at:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html

The printable version of both are available at:

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/ct.html

janet patterson' site with access to pien, etc

<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>