Hi!
     A  co-worker's mother found this one for me in a self-help book
catalog.  It's called "Parkinson's Disease & the Art of Moving" by John
Argue.  $15.95 US &S/H.  The publisher is at www.newharbinger.com.    I've
been working my way thru the excercises and feel like I'm regaining more
control over my body.  The book covers flexibility, balance, gait and
communication.    -  Regards, Geo.

                    Rick Hermann
                    <[log in to unmask]>             To:     [log in to unmask]
                    Sent by: Parkinson's         cc:
                    Information Exchange         Subject:     new book
                    Network
                    ORONTO.CA>

                    08/31/2001 12:39 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Parkinson's
                    Information Exchange
                    Network

Hello,
I have just purchased and am reading a new-ish book on Parkinson's. The
title is "Parkinson's Disease: A Self-Help Guide," by Marjan Jahanshahi et
al. (Demos Medical Publishing), published in 2000. What I like about it is
that it covers not only the usual medical stuff but has some very
well-thought-out chapters on finances, insurance, running the SSA gamut,
etc. An entire chapter is devoted to young-onset (defined in the book as 40
or under) Parkinson's and the issues faced by people with Parkinson's
disease who are still working, raising families, and so forth. Also an
entire chapter on caregivers and caregiving. A very well-balanced approach,
with useful information. I paid $25 at my local bookstore, but it's
available on amazon for around $18.
Rick
50 yrs old, dx 1997

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: