My name is Oga Maria, I'm writing you from Hungary, Europe. I'm 49, married, have two daughters (26 and 24), one dog and two cats.I joined your list just a few days ago. I have had PD for 10 years, but it took the doctors almost 7 years to diagnose me and in that time wrote me off as a nervous person with several rheumatological and unknown problems. Two years ago they put the name of my illness,  but it was not at all the name I wanted, I expected something better that could be fixed and stopped. For a long time I was very depressed (sometimes I still am) but after a while I adjusted to PD and I try to live a quite normal  life - if a normal life is possible wirth PD. I mainly have symptoms (tremor and rigidity) on my right side and a little on my face, too. I have problems with writing, going upstairs and downstairs, doing my work at home, and there are days when I even am unable for example to cut a slice of bread, I cannot speak for longer time and my voice has changed, many times I am not able to eat or drink normally, etc. I often have extraordinary strong pain in my neck, shoulders, spinale column and limbs, hardly I can sleep over a night, I dream nightmares.  I do also have almost all of the secondary symptoms. My illness progressed to that point that I took disability retirement in January 2000.
Here in Hungary we use the same meds as you do, but there are problems with informing the patients. All I know about PD is from the USA and Canada, via internet. I dare say that on our mother tongue people can get zero information on their own illness.

I am on Amantadine 4 times/day, Mirapexin and Rivotril also 4 times/day (only under normal conditions, this means that if there is a party at us, or I go to theatre or to the Opera, or I must do the shopping,  so if something special happens, I have to take more meds)  Zoloft 1/day, Concor 5 (because of the frequent extrasystoles in my heart), a special med 3/day for urine problems, and four kinds of the California Fitness products (Green Care, Acidophilus, multivitamins: New Life, and Citrimax  & Chromium).

Any information and practical advice on life style, what to eat, eating and meds and vitamins or others - mainly their relation and effect on my PD and on my body functions, would be highly appreciated.

I am going to travel to Austria on Saturday and return on next Saturday. I will answer your message after coming home.

Greetings and my best wishes to everybody,
Thanks

Olga Maria