Thank you for all your wonderful replies.    They are very up lifting and were muchly needed.

I'm still learning about all the meds, Stacey.  I'm not sure what you mean about dopamine agonists.  I just take Requip and Amantadine for my PD.  Sorry, I'll try to read up on it.  I just know I don't like to take the Requip because it makes me too sleepy.  My neurologist doesn't seem to care if I like it or not.  I think I'll look for another.

Will - I'm only a Beers through marriage.  These Beers are from Oklahoma but I think his grandfather moved here from Nebraska.   You are right about at least knowing what it is you've got, then at least you can try to fight it as best you can.  As some of the others, I too played the piano, strummed a guitar, sang and did a little painting.  But now I can brag about how great I was and don't have to prove it.  I still enjoy these things, just on a different level.

Oh, I said I was 51 but I think I have selective remembrance; I'm 52.  I had a birthday in my dark days before meds.

Linda - thanks for sending me Phil Tompkins "Advice to the Newly Diagnosed".   He truly has great insight on what we all feel, with a little inspiration and a lot of hope.

Well I better get off now.  I just want to say THANKS again to all of you for your warm greetings.

Melba