From: Marcy Bauman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 4:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: sorrow

Yes, yes, yes.

--On Thursday, September 13, 2001 2:47 PM -0400 Robert Irish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> She knelt as if at an altar, and offered up her prayer. My simple prayer
> followed: answer hers.

While there's no doubt that this was indeed a tragic event, I keep thinking
that it was only *one* event . . . and people in many parts of the world
live with terrorism every day of their lives.  One aftermath of Tuesday's
tragedy is, unfortunately, a huge upswelling here of what I can only call
arrogant patriotism -- as if death is somehow worse if it's American . . .

Marcy

                           Marcy Bauman
                         Media Consultant
                       College of Pharmacy