On my way into the office, I walk past the US Consulate on University
Av. Often, I've seen protests -- had to cross the street to get by -- or
seen angry people trying to persuade intransigent doormen. Today, the
garden wall in front was lined two and three deep with flowers, and
messages. It was very moving. More moving still was the Islamic woman,
face wrapped in her hajib, who pinned up a piece of Bristol board with

We share the pain of the victims and families.
We pray for the children who are left without parents.
We pray for justice for the villains, not revenge.
We pray for peace.

Your friends and neighbours.

She knelt as if at an altar, and offered up her prayer. My simple prayer
followed: answer hers.

Rob Irish
--
Dr. Robert Irish, Director