thanks for the reply, I should have clarified myself a bit more. My divorce
from tx, while being some 15 months delayed, is final and its been over 30 days
as well. My insurance will recognize the marriage as valid, as will most other
states. Still you brought up some good points, and i appreciate your concern
bob

> I would like to make the following corrections to my recent posting to you:
>

> (1)delete last sentence from second paragraph about going to Las Vegas.
>
> and (2) substitute the following:
>
>        If you have a Texas divorce decree and you marry again anywhere,
> including Las Vegas, before the expiration of the 30-day waiting period, your
> Texas divorce decree is then probably invalidated, not legally effective, and
> you are then no longer divorced in Texas as well as making new marriage
> legally a nulity.  If you have a Wisconsin divorce decree and you marry again
> anywhere, including Las Vegas, before the expiration of the six-month waiting
> period, your Wisconsin decree is invalidated, not legally effective, and you
> are now no longer divorced in Wisconsin as well as making the new marriage
> legally a nullity.  You can scrimp and save, and get out to Las Vegas to get
> married, but it may not help you and it may complicate your and Janine's
> situation further.

This message was sent using Midwest Tel Net Web Based Mail.
http://www.mwt.net/