hi all

>   * To: [log in to unmask]
>   * Subject: Re: W32.Badtrans.13312@mm Virus
>   * From: David Meigs <[log in to unmask]>
>   * Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:42:22 -0700
>
>I got hit with this virus yesterday & it inadvertently sent it self out to
>many of the addresses in my email program.
>
>I got it off the "ask the dietitian" list.  It disabled my virus program
>"Inoculate!it" and it took 3 scans with Norton antivirus to restore my
>computer!
>
>I apologize if I passed it on to any of you!
>
>David Meigs

the only way one can get 'hit' by a virus
is to open the e-mail attachment which contains it

ergo
if you do not open e-mail attachments
you will not get any viri

settings/preferences/options
for e-mail software and e-mail mailing lists should all be
either
set to discard attachments automatically
or, at the very least,
set to 'do not open attachments automatically'

janet
virus free since eighty-three

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
smail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .