Dear friends,

     I want to thank those of you who’ve written, and to apologize for not
getting in touch with all of you sooner.  This has NOT been a great summer for
Janine and I, but it has been a  busy one.  In May we moved to a house in
Retreat Wi, a small farming community located near De Soto. The house we moved
to is a very old farm house, and it’s a whopping 25 feet sq. We’ve spent the
better part of the summer trying to decide what we had to keep, what we wanted
to keep, and where to put things.  The put things was the hardest part because
when we moved in, there were no closets and no cabinets.  We have gradually
found space for everything, or at least someplace to store stuff and Janine has
done her usual wonderful job decorating.  I hope some of you get the chance to
come visit us if you are up this way.
    I started a guide service on the Mississippi River, or rather, I started
applying for a grant to start a guide service.  After four months of classes,
all that’s left is the end of the paperwork, and I’m proud to announce that as
of ice break 2002, Cowboy’s Charter Service will be up and running.  I am
planning on specializing in assisting people with disabilities to enjoy the
river, and I hope to obtain sponsors to help defray the cost.  If you know of
someone who would enjoy a fishing trip in Wisconsin, gift certificates are
available (how is that for a blatant plug?).
     While both of these activities have kept us busy, an unfortunate accident
has really been what’s taken our summer time.  In early June, while Janine was
washing dishes, she started off meds, and accidentally poked a steak knife in
her eye.  It hurt her a day or so, and then seemed to heal up.  However, about
a month later, while we were taking her children on a camping trip, it begin to
hurt her badly.  We ended up in the emergency room, where the doctor told us
she had a cornea lesion and infection.  We had her treated daily at our local
hospital (60 miles one way) and she had to make several trips to Mayo clinic
where she had surgery.  Despite all efforts, scar tissue formed and  she is, to
all extent, blinded in her right eye.  The doctors tell us that maybe, in a
year or so, she might be a candidate for a cornea transplant and might regain
her sight, but right now it’s too early to call.  She is still having to see
the doctor once a week or so, and only time will tell if she regains her sight.
    Just to add a little fun to the mixture, her insurance runs out this
month.  We figured that wouldn’t be a problem, because as soon as we get
married I can add her to my insurance.  However, when we went to get the
license, we found out that although my divorce was from Texas, and has a thirty
day waiting period, we are getting married in Wisconsin, which has a six month
waiting period.  A quick trip to Vegas will get us married and her on
insurance, and we will get married in WI later in the winter.  Right now we are
both trying to find whatever we can do to raise money for a quick trip, but
it’s not been easy.  My ulcer is acting up again, and only fast footwork is
keeping the doctors from hospitalizing me.  (But I can dance really fast as I
go off meds,!)
     SOOOOO, that is where we have been, and what’s been happening. The
Parkinson Pathway, a periodical specializing in poems from Parkies is very
late, but the first edition will be mailed out next week, and the second one
will follow the next week.  For those of you who have been so patiently
waiting, my deepest apologies.  All I can say is that things have been busy.
If you would like to subscribe to the newsletter, send your address and $15.00
to Bob Armentrout, E3192 Hayden Rd De Soto WI 54624.  I also have LOTS of
copies of the “pre-newsletter” still available.  If anyone didn’t get one and
would like one, they are free. Just send a self addressed stamped envelope to
the same address and I will get it out to you.

I hope each of you is doing well, and I wish God’s blessing on all.  Take care
and let me know how you are doing.
Bob aka Tex, and  his lady, Janine aka Idlewild

This message was sent using Midwest Tel Net Web Based Mail.
http://www.mwt.net/