Hello,

I have just signed on to this list so I don't know the path of past
discussions.  I hope this is not totally redundant.

Is anyone involved in clinical trials?

I have been participating in a dopamine agonist trial for about the last
year and a half.  The first part consisted of two consecutive double
blind studies, one transmitting the medicine using skin patches and the
other with tablets administered orally. The Trials were 12 and 18 weeks
respectively, with 6-8 weeks between trials, during which I took nothing
at first and later took some amantadine. I am convinced I received at
least some of the medicines during both studies, and felt mild relief
from symptoms for awhile.

The current phase is an open label study so I know I am taking 24 mg of
PNU - 95666 (Suminarole) twice daily.  I am taking Amantadine 100 mg at
12 hour intervals also.  The Amantadine seems to have a few mild side
effects, and the trial medicine may add to them slightly, but it's
nothing I can't handle.  It does NOT make me drowsy.

Physical tests are performed monthly with respect to the various
manifestations of PD, and the investigators seem to think I am doing
quite well. Another measure of effectiveness is a subjective report of
how I function from day to day.    Without medication, or on low doses, I
usualy reported about 75% of pre PD function.  Currently, with the trial
medicine, I can claim at least 90%.

NKP