From:                   "Schaaf Angus / Meadow Creek Ranch" <[log in to unmask]>
To:                     <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re:      Re: Enada
Date sent:              Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:05:20 -0600

> I guess if you are not familiar with Enada it could sound
> questionable. Here is your information about Enada.
>

>  What is Enada NADH?
> NADH, biologically known as Coenzyme 1, is the reduced form of
> nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) with the addition of high
> energy hydrogen (H), which provides energy to the cell. NADH is
> necessary for thousands of biochemical reactions within the body and
> is found naturally in every living cell. NADH plays a key role in the
> energy production of cells, particularly in the brain and central
> nervous system. The more NADH a cell has available, the more energy it
> can produce to perform its process efficiently. NADH stimulates
> cellular production of the neurotransmitters Dopamine, Noradrenaline,
> and Serotonin, thereby improving mental clarity, alertness and
> concentration. NADH is directly involved in the body's cellular immune
> defense system and the more NADH in your body, the better the DNA
> repair system functions.

<much snipped>

Thank you for the extensive information.  Unfortunately, from my
review of the information which you sent, there are no peer-reviewed
*clinical* articles (other than those sponsored by the manufacturer)
listing controlled studies of this substance in patients with *real*
disease.

In the latter portion of the long posting, you list some articles from
peer-reviewed journals, but these are mostly basic science journals
dealing with cell biology and chemistry which, while interesting, and
even perhaps of some value, do not address the *clinical* aspects of
the treatment of neurological diseases.  Before a drug can be sold
(properly) for the treatment of disease, there has no be proof of safety
and effectiveness, and if medical practitioners such as myself (I am
also an academic) have never heard of the drug, I wonder why this is
the state of affairs.

Is Enada a drug?  If it is, it is being sold illegally in the USA if it has
not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration.  If it is not a
drug, then what is it?

Sorry, I still don't "buy" it.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"