Dear Lavanya,

Thank you for your  very kind wishes. I am
one of the Americans on the PIEN list.
I was a passenger on a Boston to Los
Angeles plane last year, and have been
imagining what it would have been like
to have been hijacked today.

I wonder if many  persons feel like I do.  I wonder
how many realize that until today, many Americans
have been living in an illusion of privilege.

I consider myself a world citizen,
rather than being only an "American"
citizen. I reject the perpetration of
violence that too many Americans have
bought into.,as  a means of guarding "freedom".

I choose to try to  be sensitive to each person,
no matter what color they are, or whatever belief
system gives them their connection to the Creator.

I refused to pick up arms or  to be conscripted
against my will into the  American military  forces, during
the VietNam war. I was always a Quaker , or
a Quaker sympathizer, a fully conscentious objector to the American
government's declarations of war, or its undeclared actions of war.

 I do believe in peace, and in reconciliation.
Imagine a world without countries, sang Mr. Lennon, and with
laws to distribute resources more fairly, globally.
There are too many poor persons in this rich world.

I am a Parkinsonian, and as such,
every day is a life and death struggle.
I  can only choose life, and life-affirming ways.

The PIEN  e-mail list is a small example of a community
of 2,000 persons, that cares, that shares, and that dares to help
others afflicted by PD,  without regard to political and
national divisions.

There is power and comfort for me, through the
miracle of PIEN.  I give back whatever I can,
in gratitude to all of you..

I wish serenity today to whoever reads this message.
I hope we can as a globe strive towards unity, towards
humility and towards service to one another.

Ivan
 51-39-36
resident of USA
A global citizen