second try:

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 20:08:20 -0400
>Subject: re lynda's journal

hi all

i just tried to post this to lynda mckenzie's journal
at the plwp.org site but it didn't work.

so i will post it here, knowing that she will see it eventually.

--------------------------

hi and welcome back lynda!

i loved reading your 'wedding tale'!

something jumped out at me -

"So why shouldn’t I be able to indulge myself
once in awhile, if it is at all possible, and
not be constantly reminded of PD? Does that
mean I’m in denial? Most of the time I’m pretty
much used to the strange looks I get from people
when I’m having trouble walking. I’m sorely
tempted to say “Why don’t you take a picture?
It will last longer.” It seemed to work when I
was a kid to stop someone from staring. .."

the wedding footage of you being pdish is not
'constant' and as al says it is reality for now.
that doesn't mean it will be reality tomorrow.
none of us have a license for fortune-telling.
your discomfort with seeing you as 'pd-ish' sounds
to me like denial - it is a very sneaky phenomenon.
without pd i would not have met you and other amazing
parkies like you. i cannot look on pd as a curse to me.
it is just pd and my hand as dealt at the moment. you
never know, in a few years you may look back on your
son's wedding footage and regret 'editing' it out of
discomfort now. everything that happens to us happens
for a reason. we just have to figure out what the heck
the reason is. that's where the work and the learning
is to be found. and that is why we are here.

janet