  I had no idea the Afghanis - or at least one of them - hated us that
>much.  I'm going to have to start paying more attention to the news.  How do
>you bomb a country back to the stone age when they've never left it?

Afghanistan is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever seen.
Afghanis are proud and tough, and have resisted many invasions through the
centuries, las but not least, the Russian invasion. That country was at
last getting out of the Middle Ages when the Taliban arrived, helped by the
US. Since, the country has regressed, the women have gone back to a status
worse than cattle. Commander Massud, chief of the opposition to the
talibans has been screeming at the western world for help. A few weeks ago,
he warned the same western world some attacks were planned. Last sunday, he
was severely injured ( killed?) by a kamikase terrorist attack.
Yes, it might be worth paying more attention to the news.
BTW Ben Laden is a Saudi not an Afghan
I am sorry for all who have suffered in this horror. Terrorism has no
justification.
Maryse