Dear James--welcome to PIEN--if you live alone and have had PD for 19
years, you have got to be a true survivor !
I hope your question about handling messages has been answered
offlist by the listowners, Barbara Patterson and John Cottingham.
There is, indeed, some history here, and it is they who should
respond to you.
Nice to know Janet has such a good friend in grand Rapids, Michigan....
>Hello Everyone:
>
>A dear friend has asked me to forward the
>following to you. I don't know the background
>to this problem, but I would be interested
>in learning more.
>
>Is there a policy of "vetting" messages here? And
>if so, on what grounds? I have not seen any
>evidence of such, based on the reading I have
>done here for the past day.
>
>I am single and live on my own, despite having had
>Parkinson's Disease for 19 years. Community support
>is a crucial factor in my survival. I hope such
>is also available on the internet.
>

>James H. Turnbull
>Grand Rapids MI

>>To: [log in to unmask],
>>         a new voice newsletter
>>From: janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
>  >Mailing-List: list [log in to unmask]; contact
SNIPPED

--
Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

            on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

                       "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
            And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org