with 28M weeekly readers, at no financial gain.
think before you give up day job..

bernie

t Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:38:28 -0400

Post: 030246
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997
Subj: janet's pickle [dill, extra garlic]

dear cyber-siblings

i find myself in a bit of a pickle
and am hereby imposing on my cyber family
for advice or hints or harangues or whatever else it might be
that families do in such picklish situations

the winds of change are whipping through these isles
for me at least

it's time for me to move on
in re career and country

my 'growth-spurt' of the past two years
has caused me to re-evaluate a whole lot of 'stuff'

i have spent the past 27 years [yikes]
involved in the interior design business in some form or other
and i do believe that's quite enough for now

since i have re-discovered an almost lost passion for writing
and
since many of you have expressed appreciation of my scribbles
despite being my captive audience
i thought
hey
why not ask the syblings for some advice?
take advantage of this magnificent medium, as it were?

where else could i have such access
to so many net savvy wonderful caring virtual people
many of whom know me better than any three dee type bermudians?

in short
i wanna write

in medium
i wanna write and have it mean something

in long
i wanna write and have it mean something and allow me to pay the rent

the more i get into it
the more i get out of it
and the more fan mail i get
so
i'm tempted to take all the compliments as genuine
and jump this creaking old design ship
but into what?

i'd love to work for a non-profit org of some kind
i'm done with chasing the not-so-mighty dollar
been there, spent some, so what

one area could be 'insight', 'inspiration', or egads 'humour'

another area could be the organizer/editor/condenser from hell
cut through the crud and dig out the truly relevant information

i feel like i'm being pushed in this direction
by someone stronger than me
for example:

i read the list and all the messages about mirapex and someones comment
that no one seems to know how to prescribe it even though it's been fda
approved and it seems we're almost being used as phase two trial guinea
pigs and that's what i've been thinking from the beginning of this mirapex
frenzy and have been hunting high and low for instructions on how to take
mirapex on the net and there's nothing there not even at the manufacturer's
website and the neurologists all seem to have their own ideas although
they've never heard of it before and some of the members have virtually
suffered medical malpractice because of the way the prescribing has been
mishandled and camilla's husband could have died wandering out into the
street in the middle of the night hallucinating and paranoid because of a
very obvious [to me] piece of over-dosing negligence on the part of his
neuro and it just gets my dander up even more and i think i could be an
independent advocate of some sort for we the consumers/patients against the
ignorance and laziness of some areas of the medical establishment and the
best thing that ever happened in that area is the us gov's establishment of
free medline at pubmed on the net which is where i've been getting all the
up-to-date published medical study results and i saw where the site was
opened by al gore in a flurry of press in june as part of healthfinder.com
a site which opened in april dedicated theoretically to providing net
access to medical info for the public and i'm thinking of writing to al
gore, thanking him for the service and telling him i think it could be
better

whew!

location-wise
all my friends and family are scattered around the globe
[just like my cyber family!]
so there is no 'there' to go to
to be 'with' them

legally,
i am allowed to reside and work in canada as well as the u.k.

in reality,
i suppose if a job leapt up and grabbed me
i could work wherever that was

it's a quandary of ethereal dimensions, isn't it?
so where better to toss it?

your syber-sis [in all seriousness - no fooling]

janet

ps
and of course while i'm tapping away at this
the most magnificent blue and pink sunset is assaulting my eyes

http://www.geocities.com/janet313/wordspie/199709/030246.html

ps
updated pickle alert to follow

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
smail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .
a new voice: the wwweb site: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/ .