Date sent:              Sun, 9 Sep 2001 22:35:14 +0530
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   vmehra <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                sleep attack
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> his is about loss of consciosness. My Dad started fainting or having
> black outs very regularly especially when the PD progressed fast. His
> Blood Pressure would drop and he would almost turn blue. This usually
> happened when he was sitting in one position for too long. This is
> what we did knowing that being in thois state for more that 2 minutes
> can be fatal. We would put his head below the level of his heart. If
> he was on a chair, we would just bend the chair back till his head
> would be nearer the floor. That would revive him in seconds. This
> black out in his case was due to low B.P.

I have seen this before.  Sometimes, if there are no other
contraindications, small doses of oral Ephedrine can prevent these
drops in blood pressure.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"