signoff parkinsn
----- Original Message -----
From: Ronaky Olga <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 12:50 PM
Subject: Mirapex side effects - sleep attack + oedema

> Hi everybody,
>
> this is Olga Maria writing from Hungary. I'm back from Austria, it was a
nice trip but I am extremly tired. Thanks you all for your kind letters and
sharing your experiences & for the very useful advices - especially many
thanks you, Nancy and Katrhynne. Rayilinn I write you a longer letter a bit
later. (Last year I spent 4 days in Toronto. I love your country and Toronto
and the little villages via to Niagara Falls.)

> As for the sleep attack because of Mirapex I have found only one solution,
I reduced my morning and early afternoon dosage. I hesitated to do it or not
but Mirapex helps me so much against tremor that I did. By the way, here in
Hungary is forbidden driving for those persons who are on such medication
that too strongly effects one's movement, mind, ability of conncentration,
etc. If I were you I would not drive at all. This sleep attack is too
dangerous for the parky man/woman and also for the other human beings.

> There is an other side effect what causes me serious dysfunction and it is
oedema, mainly in my legs. It made me almost unable to walk in Vienna and to
be present at the evening pograms, I could do these only with extra meds and
I even still had extraordinary hard pain.  I guess it was due to that I had
no occasion to rest during the day, I woke up in the morning and could lay
down and to put my legs into horizontal position only late evening. Till now
I did not feel that because when I am at home, in my little town, I can rest
when it is needed. That's what I suppose, but I am not sure about it.

> Does anybody have similar symptom? Any information on this item would be
very useful and highly appreciated!

> Forgive me for my poor English, I do hope that somehow you understand me.
I am "off" nowadays.

> Best wishes,
>
> Olga Maria

mailto:[log in to unmask]