For Immediate Release contact: Margot Zobel,
September 12, 2001 President, Parkinson's Unity Walk,
(212) 580-6505

This Year's Parkinson's Unity Walk Cancelled

The annual Unity Walk is a celebration of people with Parkinson's and
their families. Individuals from around the world gather in Central
Park, New York for a gentle walk and a day of festivities. The purpose
is to raise funds for research.

Due to recent horrifying acts of terrorism, and out of respect for those
whose lives are forever changed, we have cancelled the September 23rd event.

We cannot, however, cancel the progress of Parkinson's disease. We must
continue to financially support research. Your donations are crucial.

If you registered as an individual or as part of a team, we urge you to
make your promised donation. For your convenience, we can accept online
donations at our secure Web site at http://www.parkinsonwallk.org. You
can also mail donations directly to the Parkinson's Unity Walk at 30
West 90th Street, Suite 9B, New York, New York 10024. For information on
the 2002 Walk as it becomes available, please visit our Web site.

Joan