First let me apologize for being less involved with the list for the
last little while....I am adjusting to my change in status from being
fully employed to being on 'disability'.  It finally became too much to
try to continue working full time or even part time.  Knowing that John
Cottingham is doing a stellar job of looking after the list-business
made my 'sabbatical' possible.  Thank you, John, and I hope you continue
being such a valuable resource to us all.

I hardly know what to say about the horrible events of this past week.
My eyes have been glued to CNN, CBC, Newsworld, ABC or whichever news
channel is on at the moment.  I think for one thing that we have
over-used the superlatives in the English language.  'Horror, evil,
disgust, treachery, hatred, murder' somehow all seem too mild to
describe what happened.  'Heroism, courage, generosity, devotion'
somehow seem too mild to describe the responses to this tragedy.

I watched Rev. Billy Graham stumble up the steps to the pulpit and then
heard his powerful words.  First my tears were for what Parkinson's has
done to this wonderful person; his words showed me that his mind and his
heart and his soul have not been touched by pd.

In the first few hours after the tragedy, there were messages of
sympathy to our US members from Canada, South Africa, Hungary,
Australia, etc.  You are an amazing group.

I have an American flag in my window.  That says a lot from a descendent
of a United Empire Loyalist.  I'm sure he would understand.

God bless us all.

Barb