Dea PIEN members:

I would really like to try the UK's dispersible Madopar.
NIgel's mention of a 15 - minute wait for it to kick
in is very  encouraging.

The thought of reducing my off-periods, when
I am waiting for  the l-dopa in SInemet to
kick in, from 30 to 45 minutes to only
15 minutes, and the huge potential improvement
in many PWP's quality of life, is what I am thinking about.

  Is there a way for us to ask , or to demand,
that the FDA allow a European drug like
Madopar into the USA?  Do American
pharmaceutical companies (Dupont in the
case of SInemet) have the power to forever
block us PWP's from  a better life?

I hope not.

What do we do about getting  access, legally,
to drugs that are safe, effective , and
VERY WELL known,  but which are not
allowed to cross international borders??

Can world-wide distribution of medications
be achieved, with pressure from us??

Ivan Suzman, USA
51-39-36