----- Original Message -----
From: Toni Grange
To: Ervinmccarthy
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:11 PM
Subject: FW: Canadian Newspaper Article

-----Original Message-----
From: Toni Grange [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 3:03 PM
To: Ervinmccarthy
Subject: Canadian Newspaper Article

>>TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

>>This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.

>>America: The Good Neighbor.

>>Widespread but only partial news coverage was given

>>recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from

>> Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television

>> commentator. What follows is the full text of his

>> trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional

>> Record:

>> "This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the

>> Americans as the most generous and possibly the least

>> appreciated people on all the earth.

>> Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and

>> Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the

>> Americans who poured in billions of dollars and

>> forgave other billions in debts. None of these

>> countries is today paying even the interest on its

>> remaining debts to the United States.

>> When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it

>> was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward

>> was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of

>> Paris. I was there. I saw it.

>> When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United

>> States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59

>> American communities were flattened by tornadoes.

>> Nobody helped.

>> The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped

>> billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now

>> newspapers in those countries are writing about the

>> decadent, warmongering Americans.

>> I'd like to see just one of those countries that is

>> gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar

>> build its own airplane. Does any other country in the

>> world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the

>> Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why

>> don't they fly them? Why do all the International

>> lines except Russia fly American Planes?

>> Why does no other land on earth even consider putting

>> a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese

>> technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German

>> technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about

>> American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -

>> not once, but several times and safely home again.

>> You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs

>> right in the store window for everybody to look at.

>> Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.

>> They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless

>> they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American

>> dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

>> When the railways of France, Germany and India were

>> breaking down through age, it was the Americans who

>> rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the

>> New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an

>> old caboose. Both are still broke.

>> I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to

>> the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me

>> even one time when someone else raced to the Americans

>> in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even

>> during the San Francisco earthquake.

> [...]

Toni Grange
Accounting Alliance
Partner
3000 Town Center, Ste 2025
Southfield, Michigan 48075
248.355.3130
248.355.3137 (Fax)
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.accountingalliance.com/

 AMERICA'S #1 FASTEST GROWING PRIVATELY HELD COMPANY by INC. MAGAZINE!
1999 WINNER OF ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR by Ernst & Young