>Dear Camilla: I have long counted you a dear friend,
>although we have never met, and the conscience of the List.
>It is complicated, isn't it? All wars are hideous and in
>all wars innocents die. THAT is the REAL dilemma, isn't it,
>how to engage in the inherently inhumane act of war,
>without forfeiting your humanity?

Indeed---you put it very well.  I know you are stressed and hurting
in many ways, and I wish I could be there to give you a BIG HUG and
maybe a dish of Haagen Daas ? (sp)  Try to take a few deep breaths
and calm yourself, for in order to face what may lie ahead, calm will
be needed at times.  I recall how we demonized the Kaiser (though I
wasn't born yet), Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito---now the
demon-face is bin Laden.  We seem to need to do this to the enemy
before we can attack--just as they in turn have done it to us.  I
have said what I needed to say, claptrap or not, and I am sorry if
you were in ANY way personally offended, for you ARE my dear
friend,--and here's that HUG, even if it has to be virtual---

Please try to be good to yourself----, with much love, Camilla