I'm trying to find a suitable voice amplifier for my uncle, 79 years old,
PWP diagnosed 6 years ago. His voice had been soft for many years, as a
result of polyps, and PD has made it worse, so that he's very hard to hear.
It's time for amplification. In quality, his voice is often breathy or hoarse.
        I've looked at the web for various devices, and wondered if anyone on the
list has had experience with these, or others, and could advise. He's in a
wheelchair, though a lightweight speaker would be best, since he may walk a
bit; he doesn't need to be heard by a crowd. Other people can manage the
battery recharging for him, but something uncomplicated would be best.
        Most of the websites show headset microphones, or what one calls a behind
the head microphone, though I'm wondering if a shirt collar one might be
easier for him to manage.
        So far, on the low-budget end, I see:

Speechmaker (about $335)

Hands Free Speech Amplifier. ($159.95) (Bruce Medical supply)

Chattervox, ($249.95  on sale for  $169.95)

HoneyTonePlus Voice Enhancer ($259)

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ellen Garvey