David, what you say make a lot of sense to me--for the obvious reasons that
1. the Taliban would hate to have us do it

  2. it would strike at the root causes of the hatred people feel
against us--the rest of the Arab world would have to notice it, and
would have trouble defining us as the enemy. (One thing that the
terrorists have used against us has been the fact that our blockade
of Iraq kills thousands of children who die of common and treatable
ills because they have no medicine.)

But will our administration do it?  Don't hold your breath-- it is
too subtle a type of revenge.

--
        Camilla Flintermann

            on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html