Friends-- the September issue of the Central Ohio Parkinson Society
News has info about a new resource which may interest some PWPs
Now, if you have a speech disability in live in the USA, Puerto Rico,
or the Virgin Islands, you can use a new, free telephone service 24
hrs. a day.  It is also available for kimited hours in Sweden and
Australia. I quote the report :

"Speech to Speech" (STS) provides communication assistants (CAs)  for
people with difficulty being understood ...on the telephone.  STS is
provided through TTY relay...unlike TTY (it) enables people with
speech disabilities to communicate by voice, as many have difficulty
typing.
People can dial toll free to reach a patient, trained CA who is
familiar with any speech patterns and has excellent language
recognition skills.  This CA makes phone calls for them and repeats
their words exactly in a 3-way calling environment.   SNIPPED  To try
STS or get more information call 1-800-854-7784 or visit their
website at http://www.stsnews.com/  or contact Katharine Keller at
<stslistservkstsnews.com>  to place you on the STS listserv.  For a
list of STS access in the USA go to
http://www.stsnews.com/Pages/STSDial-UpTelnumbers.html  "
Sure hope I copied those URLs right--- give it a try if it sounds useful.!
--
Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

            on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

                       "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
            And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org