        In my first few postings to PIEN I was completely on the topic of PD and
inquiring about the experiences of other PWP. The following week in another
posting I registered my disappointment about the political statements for
which PIEN was being used rather than the intended forum on PD. My letter
was the beginning of what you see today. I have been as guilty since that
time as any contributor to the list, but the ironic side of your complaint
is that it seems very familiar to me. I have determined again to not let
the future polemic content of letters that I see on the list "rile" me to
the point of joining in. The "funnies" were just an attempt to lighten
things a bit and maybe get the list back on track. Anyway, I agree with
your contention that the non-PD subject matter should not be seen on the
forum. I hope that some of my respected verbal adversaries feel the same,
but I would not make a wager on it. For that matter, I can only try to
contain my indignation and refrain from a response if they don't. I may
from time to time register a funny, though. This subject occasionally does
call for some comic relief.
        My posting which seemingly began this verbal jousting was posted on 15
August, and if you want to compare letters, I am  copying it below.

                                                Don A.

On 15 Aug I wrote:
        To all list members:
        As a new addition to the Parkinson's list I have been very pleased to have
access to so many experiences related by other patients and care givers. I
think that this information is very helpful to all of us.
        I am very disappointed however to see all the negative political diatribes
directed toward our President, and his "cronies" as one correspondent
referred to his advisors and cabinet.  I believe that President Bush showed
political courage in making the decision that he did, and that  the people
on this list who are criticizing him would do so on almost any decision
that he makes, whatever it might be. I hope that this "discussion" will
come to an early end and that the list respondents will get back to the
real purpose of the list which I thought was to share information and
experiences re Parkinson's and its syndromes. There are other lists to vent
leftist political venom, folks. Don't do it here.