Dear Don Adams (no, Flash, not you )---  I don't  expect to change
your opinion on these matters, but please do not misquote me.  I
think I am the writer you refer to who wrote about the missile
defense shield---and I did NOT say what you state below:

>  The first writer opined that  for our country to attempt to put in
>place a defense against incoming missiles equates to violence, and defense
>expenditures should be directed toward PD research.

What I DID say  was that "Those who
relied on the fantasy of a "missile shield" to protect us have had a
stunning wake-up call today."----echoing what I had heard others say
and meaning only that no "star wars umbrella " would have prevented
the terrorists from doing what they did.  Many experts have
regretfully admitted that there is no sure defense against this type
of attack.  In no way did I state or intend to say that  defense
funds "should be directed toward PD research", and I have NO idea
where you got that idea.
--

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH
        on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

***
                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...