On 15 Sep 2001, at 21:34, Jo Ann Coen wrote:

> Rayilyn - My daughter sent me the following quote.  I have long been a
> follower of Nostradamus and that's why she sent it.  I had read this a
> long time ago, but remembered it when I read it this time.  It goes:
>
> "In the year of the new century and nine months,
> From the sky will come  a great King of Terror
> The sky will burn at 45 degrees
> Fire approaches the great new city
> In the City of York, there will be a great collapse
> Two twin brothers torn apart by chaos
> While the fortress falls
> The great leader will succumb
> Third big war will begin  when the city is burning"
>
> This scares the living s--- out of me.  He has been so right in so many
> cases.  I believe his predictions correspond with the Bible, which I
> read every day.  I just pray it happens somewhere else rather than on
> our on soil.  Best to you.  Jo Ann

Good Morning Jo Ann and Good Morning All,

I think the above quote is a hoax similar to several
previous manipulations of the works of Nostradamus.

(do you mean to tell me there are things on the Internet that aren't
true? Shirley U. Gest! That's pretty hard to believe - are you sure?
I thought there were laws again printing falsehoods and innaccuracies)
http://www.bartcop.com/0370.htm

Just before last Christmas there was... George W. Bush and another
"hoax"...

http://www.ptg.org/archive/pianotech/2000/v2000.n1196
> This was sent to me today as a jib against President elect Bush.
>Thought it was funny in more ways then one. Its amazing what
> this fellow Nostradamus can be made to say these days.
>
>  Nostradamus -- who wrote in one of his prophecies
>  in 1555:
>
>"Come the millennium, month 12,
>In the home of greatest power,
>The village idiot will come forth
>To be acclaimed the leader."
>
>Alas, I'd say 'tis a hoax.
>
>I searched  at
> http://www.nostradamus-repository.org/search/index.htm and
>found no reference to the above, or to many of the words
> contained such as millenium.

Nostradamus never wrote anything of the kind of course, but the
"pundits" delighted in their "tweaking".

Check The Skeptics Dictionary for the current hoax...
http://wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us/~btcarrol/skeptic/nostrada.html

Read about Nostradamus - Physician, Astrologer, Prophet
http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Features/Nostradamus.shtml

Have a sunny day!  ........  murray