Hi All,
Yesterday was Superwalk 2001 for Parkinson's here in BC, Canada.
We walked in Stanley Park in an annual walk to raise money and
awareness for Parkinson's. It is the largest fundraiser locally and a
very important part of what we do.  It is an opportunity for everyone
to participate, meet each other in a common cause, socialize, have
fun, and support Parkinson's.  We also met Mary Jardine, the National
Executive Director of Parkinson Society Canada.  Mary braved the new
security and the waiting lines to travel here on one of the first flights
out of Toronto...

Next week there will be many more Parkinson walks in many other
cities.  Be sure to organize your team, your friends, your family, your
local medical group, (we were graced with many members of the UBC
Movement Disorder Clinic including Susan Calne, Dr. Stoessl, etc.)
and don't forget... bring your dog!

Here is the website for Canadians...
http://www.superwalk.com/

The theme is "Walking towards a cure... pledging to make a difference."

At the bottom of the website you can "Search for your city...."

You can also donate online...

And on that note... The Unity Walk in New York City has, of course,
been cancelled this year.
http://www.parkinsonwalk.org/

If you were intending to walk there, please think about visiting their
website, and making your contribution online.

Parkinson's hasn't been cancelled and your donations are needed
and will be much appreciated.

I tested this online donation stuff on the American Red Cross site
last week and it is really easy, but if you aren't comfortable online...

Parkinson's Unity Walk
c/o Margot Zobel
30 West 90th Street, Suite 9B
New York, New York  10024