Hi, Jo Ann and I'm afraid "it' has happened here and we are all crying tears
of blood, bringing our own life experiences and beliefs to this horror.
Please forgive me if I have offended you in any way, I often violate my own
beliefs by responding without peace, love and understanding.

My teaching involved evaluating all sides of all historical issues and
events.  In Advanced Placement  American, European and Art History (college
courses in school where students received college course credit if they
passed the College Board AP exams with a 3, 4, or 5) we had to do this do be
able to support thesis statements involving to what extent a statement was
true.  If we hadn't done this, no one would have been able to pass the exams.
 So Nostradomas or other prophets were not part of the arguments.  Our job
was to try to learn the "whys" of what had happened so just maybe the same
mistakes would not be repeated.

I do not look to prophets, but to try to do a better job of controlling my
own thoughts, actions, words and deeds, so that I don't keep making the same
mistakes.  Working on myself is a hard job.  I pray that reason will prevail,
but historically it often has not.  If we are fighting each other I think it
is because we ALL care so much.  This is one of the few places we should be
able to agree to disagree.   I like old Voltaire, who might disagree with
you, but would defend to the death your right to disagree.

Love, Rayilyn, but PS, you must be about 195  yrs old.  Only kidding.