Ellen,
Before buying an amplifier, you might discuss his problem online -- NPF
has a new forum "Ask the Speech Clinicians." They focus on the many
speech problems of people with PD, and it could be a good idea to get
their thoughts.

If you'd like to try this, go to:
http://www.parkinson.org/

and click "Ask the Speech Clinicians."

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/