Sharon, I came to the conclusion that PD meds were as bad for me as
chemotherapy, so I don't take them.  Very small doses of agonists resulted in
side effects wihout helping, Sinemet helped  in some ways and hurt in others.
 I have relied on exercise, which I started 3 yrs ago when it was easier to
do.  Treadmilling and exercising/swimming, 1 tranquilizer per day,
acetametaphine with diphrenhydramine HCI (an anti-histamine) to sleep.
Ant-histamines are old PD treatment for tremor and stiffness and really
helped at first.

I'm emailing desperate woman in UK who is literally falling apart because of
PD meds.  But most people will tell you they help, can't do without them,
etc.  ALso many have been helped by brain surgery.  I read before I took
Sinemet for a year  that some neuros thought it hastened progress of PD.  Who
knows?  Can't tell how much consistent exercise has helped me  cause I don't
have a clone who didn't do it and took meds.

I think if I had gotten real help from PD meds I probably would be in the
pro-med group.  Believe newly diagnosed PWP should be made aware of this
controversy.  We all seem to be so different.  I can still walk, drive,
barely type, guess if I get worse I'll just die.  [log in to unmask]