Thank you so very much to your reply-it is so helpful to hear that  our
family is not alone -or the  only ones- in dealing with this.
My sister is on antipsychotic meds (Seraquel) as well as Sinemet, amantadine
and Mirapex. We all strongly feel-and so does her neurologist-on of the best-
that she take a "drug holiday" in a hospitalized setting to titrate off all
meds-and then work back in a medical regimen that might be less "toxic" to
her and improve overall symptonatology ettc. HOWEVER, my sister is FLATLY
REFUSING this option much to our great distress. Part of the problem is that
currently, she manages meds on her own and compliance on a daily basis is
HIGHLY questionable. She is "on her own" with this since part of her
psychological symptoms are extreme paranoia towards her husband-and she
thinks, if he is in charge of overseeing medical compliance-that is is
tainting or poisoning her meds and thus would refuse to take them all
together!!!!! I unfortunately live in Florida, and there is NO family on
Portland-we are all on the east coast. My sister does have a caseworker who
is a huge help, but she cannot oversee evry medicne my sister takes on a
daily basis. My sister has also refused outside help in the form of hired
nurse aids, etc. BECAUSE she is still considered competent, her decisions
stand. We have pleaded with the family to move here to the east coast, but
the husband is an oral surgeon(the family's source of income) and his patient
base as well as licensure to practice is  for Oregon only.
A tough, tough situation for all.
Thank you for sharing your experience-Regards, Sharon