Where in the world does a woman receive 100 lashes in a public arena for
walking with a man who is not her husband.  Answer:  Afghanistan.

Where are hands chopped off in full view of the public when one is caught
stealing?
Answer:  Afghanistan.

Where is a person who has been caught bugging, half buried in the ground and
then a wall pushed over on him? Answer: Afghanistan

Where is a woman stoned to death for trying to flee the country. Answer:
Afghanistan

Where wwere 225 women given a public lashing for not following dress code.
Answer: Afghanistan

Where was a woman's thumb cut off for wearing nail polish. Answer: Afghanistan

Where are the following things banished: TV, picnics, wedding parties, New
Year's celebrations, gatherings where both sexes are present, childrren's
toys such as dolls, kites, games, cameras, paintings of people and animals,
magazines and newspapers.  Answer: Afghanistan

Where is it against the law to applaud anyone? Answer: Afghanistan

In what country is a woman shot for taking her critically ill child to the
doctor without permission of the government, shot by a 12 year old boy who
was supposed to watch for such things and shoot to kill.  Answer: Afghanistan

These punishments are carried out by the Taliban.  How can we "turn the other
cheek" when their own helpless people (our fellow humans) are persecuted
beyond anything we could ever imagine?  I pray we will get back on topic but
my conscience keeps bringing me back to the situation at hand.

Reference:  search engine Google.com. Go to Taliban and scroll down to Buried
Allive!
Marilyn