Ann wrote earlier in Sept.:
<<
My husband has been on Comtan since the end of Aprril. He hates the taste of

it and has a hard time getting it down. (Not so wuth other meds). His

condition has deteriorated since he began Comtan and we are just coming to

the realization that it might be this med. Has anyone else had a negative

experience with Comtan?

Ann Gibbons  cg Joe 67/4

I n March 2000 I was struck down suddenly and nearly died from kidney failure
broought on by RHABDOMYOLYSIS.   At the time  my meds were Sinemet, Mirapex,
the COMT  Tasmar, xanax, and Elavil.  In the ICU where I hung out for about 5
days, I was given none of them.  Whe my doc asked me which agonist I wanted,
I said Parlodel (had never tried it);  which COMT, I said Comtran,  We
changed other drugs as well except for the Sinemet.

For the rest of the 5-1/2 weeks plus  2 weeks in nursing home, plus more
weeks afterward, 9 times out of 10, I ended up spitting  up most of the
Comtran.    inally, I went off it, and made other med changes too -- all w
original doc.  In my case it was not easy to drop the COMT  med -- in fact it
was h- - - !  Yo u might want to arrange for s unflappable, soothing home
health worker to go on this particular journey, if you take it. (true in many
cases I now think when making chabges in meds.)
*disclaimer  This story is based solely om ny personal experience and does
not appear in WPSE partly because it happened after mss was finished,

Barbara Blake-Krebs 1984/61  [log in to unmask]