Ann - the sequel to my story really isn't finished.  Here briefly are sone
highlights.

1.  We cjhanged my agonist to REQUIP (3   xs/days)
2.  We  dropped Ambien (sedative) which had been added at nursig home.
3.  We replaced Atavar (sp) briefly with xanax, and then wiith valium.
4.  We underwent 9 out of 10 "full" acupuncture sessions early last fall.
5.  We started back up with body massages (twice per week) shortly after
leaving nursing home.
6.  Some strength and energy began to return ca July 2000.
7.  In October I had a brief, unexplainable episode wihich was labeled
psychotic.  I was in the hospital again for 2 days followed by only one nite
in a different nursing home facility.  I credit "Joe's Story" (which both my
husband and brother had read),
my step-daughter's outspoken objection to the place once she had seen it to
Dad, and my own strong appeal to him for not being left alone there.
8.  I was started on an anti-psychotic  drug, Clozaril, which by law requires
weekly blood tests.  (BTW, I learned one of its side efffects is
Rhabdomyolysis.)
9.  I lost 7 teeth within less than 4 months, & am looking for the best way
to minimize this often "ouchy" c ondition.  A nite guard did not work.
10..  I went off Clozaril about 6 weeks ago.
11.  My current meds are Sinemet, Requip, Valium, and Elavil.
12.  I 'm told I'm doing better (than what?)>
13.  I am concentrating on listening to my body and getting a lot of mental
and physical rest.
!4.  I am trying to make changes slowly, and one at a time.
15.  We plan to speak to my docs about other med changes once we feel NOT
using clozaril has passed inspection.
16.  We are looking at complementary therapies, and hope to concentrate on
breathing and strengtheniing ones next.

Barb
                            -30-