My grandfather, yes my grandfather, fought in the Civil War and was wounded
in three different battles, was patched up and returned to the front two
times.  While at Stone's River, Tenn. he received a telegram that his wife
age 31 had died the night before.  That left him with 2 small children ages 4
and 2.  He asked for leave to go home and make arrangements for their care,
which he did. He returned to battle and received his final wound at
Chattanooga.  My brother fought in WWI and was called up in WWII. My nephew
flew a Hellcat from a carrier in WWII. Only close friends were in the Korean
conflict and at NAM but nevertheless I mourned the losses our nation
suffered.  We must unite behind our president.  This is not the time to
criticize!  This current assault against our freedom is unprecedented and we
will retaliate but we must let our leaders lead and not stand in the way of
their actions.  Our enemies are encouraged by the criticisms we direct at our
president.  This is so much worse than Pearl Harbor and I don't recall there
being any demonstrations against the decision to declare war by President
Roosevelt.  One person on the List has expressed dismay that we are spending
time discussing the happenings of the past week.  He says there are other
places to do this.  Have you tried a chat line?  There are anti-American
people who use those chats to vent their hatred for America and I for one
will not enter into a discussion where our country is trashed such as I saw
the past two days.  This was supposedly a chat line discussing news from the
"right".  That's all I have to say today.  I am continuing to pray and fly my
flag.  Does anyone know if they will accept blood from one with PD?  Marilyn