    My sister  sent me something recently abort a 20-20 TV show which depicted a 19 year old man who had symptoms very close to my own.  He was, like me, officially not diagnosed with any known PD+ variation yet, but a doctor in Pittsburgh nonetheless performed a DBS on him and he experienced a miraculous recovery.  I am about to e-mil Dr. Fahn n NYC, my MDS, to ask him if he thinks I might be considered a likely candidate for the procedure, but I first want to ask this group, if DBS is so good for plain old PD patients [as has been reported here and elsewhere], why haven't every one of you by now signed up for it?  It seems to me that if it is that good, and there are so few threatened side effects, more of you - including elderly patients - would not have undergone this procedure...

Thanks for the enlightenment
BBA