Dear  Barbara and John--

According to John's post to me the other day, he is to all intents
and purposes the "list administrator". What remains of Barbara's role
as "list owner" is not clear to me, nor do I think it is understood
by many members of Parkinsn list.
I find it hard to understand why Barbara has not posted anything on
PIEN by way of clarification, and in particular why personal, offlist
messages to her (from me and other list members) are not answered or
even acknowledged.  Since they do not "bounce" I assume the address
is correct.
Many of us "old timers" are very fond of Barbara and consider her a
friend.  To imagine her on the other side of a wall of silence is
painful and frustrating.  To be told that there are only 2 responses
appropriate to this list--(or to anything?) YES and NO, is  not
helpful, and  the balance of that sentence in John's post  comes
across as patronizing, suggesting one is perhaps a bit dim-witted.
Are we to assume that everything now happening on PIEN meets with
Barb's "approval", or is she simply not involved any more?
I do believe that members of this list deserve some more direct
answers, as another layer of stress is hardly appropriate.
Personally, I am have stayed on PIEN since Peter's death in order to
be informed on behalf of the CGs on CARE.  I am beginning to question
now whether it is worth it.

--
Camilla Flintermann, former CG for Peter 83/70/55
                     Oxford, Ohio

            on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

                       "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
            And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org