Dear Friends, old and new,

Regretfully  have decided that the time  has come for me to leave
this list.  I have been active since we first learned of the list
about 6 years ago, and was involved all that time as a caregiver for
my husband, Peter, who died this past  June 6th, 12 years after his
diagnosis, but probably at least 20 years since the insidious start
of his terrible disease.
.
In 1995 I started the CARE list for CGs of PWPs, which now has nearly
400 members in 10 countries, and offers a safe place for CGs to
support each other--a truly tender and loving cyber community.  I
have continued to send messages about the existence of CARE to this
list, so newcomers who might want to join will be aware of it, and
that's one reason I continued active on PIEN, along with the
friendships I have formed with many of you here over the years.   I
also amassed a large collection of files and resource materials to
share on the lists, which Peter took a great interest in, too.

Recently, in the wake of the 9/11 tragedy, I have begun a
distribution list for those who wish to discuss and share alternative
perspectives  not always found in the media, and not felt appropriate
for PIEN.  There are now more than 50 members of both lists  who have
requested to be included on this "Alt-list", and there are lots of
posts to relay, so that , along with CARE, is another demand on my
time--which I'm glad to respond to.

Last, but not least, I have been able to "get a life" since Peter's
death,---something he always insisted I should do.  I have resumed
some of my activities in our home community, and have even started
working in ceramics again--I found I still had all my old wheel tools
from when I stopped throwing clay 14 years ago  ( first due to carpal
tunnel, then because of Peter's PD).   I plan to travel a bit, and
go to concerts and plays and  be one of the "ladies who lunch" with
my friends---all things that Peter, in his loving care for me,
wanted so much for me to be free to do.

I shall see that someone can continue to  forward the CARE info to
PIEN every few weeks, and of course I'll be delighted to hear from
listfriends  ----see my signature, as it is like Peter's but without
the "p" and some of you may have the old one still.  I have treasured
the friends made here, and the sharing that has taken place, as well
as the technical help and medical info so important to all of us,  as
Robert Frost wrote, I have "miles to go before I sleep"--and must be
on my way!

--

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

          on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

          And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as
roots."

                                         from: "Leaving the
Garden"--CHF