Hi  Sharon--

>  -- it is clear that the family is pulling in all the right
>resources--how maddening that your sister rejects the very things
>that might help her to live a better life !  I'm glad the caseworker
>(what agency?) is so cooperative, and that care is being taken to
>minimize the damage for the children--that is a really heavy
>concern, I know.   The plan to try for voluntary/uncontested
>guardianship would be good--hope it works.  I would think there
>might come a time when guardianship even if contested, would have to
>come--and surely  the professionals and family involved could
>testify as to the need for it.

I know about the strict rules, and whole I know the abuses they are
meant to avoid, they are often not what is needed.  One of Peter's
nieces now  in her 50s has a bipolor disorder, and periodically goes
off her meds, and does risky things which the family would like to
get help for. When she is hospitalized, things always improve--till
she gets out and stops the meds again.  One of her sisters bears the
same kind of responsibility you do.....Sigh

SNIPPED

>Thank youfor your interest and concern----my initial responses have whittleld
>down to pretty much you- and for that I am grateful!!!!!! Regards, Sharon

We do care about this, and about you, and her family. Stay connected.....
--

        Camilla Flintermann,                            <[log in to unmask]>

        on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

                         "  Knowing when to insist, and when to let be,
                          is, perhaps, a lifetime learning experience  ."
                                                 --Mary McCurry