Entertainment: An ailing Michael J. Fox making 'Spin City' appearance
The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (September 23, 2001  4:56 p.m. EDT) - Michael J. Fox
says his emotional but brief guest appearance this week on his
former series, "Spin City," is well-timed.

Fox left the ABC comedy last year amid his struggle with
Parkinson's disease and was replaced in his role as deputy
mayor by Charlie Sheen.

"It really would have been strange if I had gone back last
season," Fox told the Los Angeles Times. "It would have
been very awkward for Charlie. But now it's established its
own identity. And I could just watch someone else do the job
and get my check in the mail."

"It's like visiting your kid in college. You don't have to feed
him or her."

Fox said the guest spot was not easy on him physically
because of his illness.

The first two of the three episodes featuring Fox are to air
back to back on Tuesday. The third is set for next week.

SOURCE: NANDO Media
http://www.nando.com/entertainment/story/103093p-1190817c.html

* * *