Camilla,

I am not Barbara or John or listowner and have no illusions that I can speak
for either of them......

However, I am, and have been an active longstanding member of the Parkinsons
list.

I have Parkinsons.....it has progressed.....my life has changed......I still
want the research......I was stressed by the WTC events during the past two
weeks.

But, there are times when I want also to be alone.  I don't always have the
strength or energy to support someone else (emotionally or physically).
Other family members have faced challenges and the face of, the immediacy of
our challenge with Parkinsons has changed over time.  Part of this is
acceptance, part of this is loss, part of this is reassessment of priorities.

I use my answering machine more frequently to screen calls so that I may use
my energy to complete my current task at hand.  Friends may believe that I am
ignoring them by not responding to their call.  I believe that I am making a
choice at that time
....they called me when they had time....I will return the call when I have
time.

Today, I am not answering the phone....my energy reserves are low, and my
choice for the day is to prepare a new recipe for dinner for my husband.

During the past two weeks I have not responded to email messages....because I
chose to spend time with my sister.   I will probably not respond to email or
to phone messages during the next few weeks because the
daughter/grandchildren, and my son will be visiting at various intervals.

I have letters to write/answer........they too will wait in a pile on the
desk.  Becky had not written to me for 8 months....another month will not
hopefully not cause her pain in not receiving a reply from me.

I appreciate mail/messages/calls......but sometimes, I do not have the energy
to respond....this may be the day I need to floss my teeth.  For those
without a physical challenge....that may seem to be a trite reply.  For those
of us with very limited stamina.....it may be the goal for the day.

We do support each other in various ways on "the list"....and one of those
ways is to respect the privacy and the energy of the individual.

We each cry out for support, companionship, understanding in our time of
need.  We receive support back from our "list family" and our visual/audio
friends....sometimes it is not what we searching for and hoping to
receive......but in time those ties will be relaced.

Some of us cry openly and want virtual hugs.  Some of us weep in the darkness
and want to be alone.   Some of us are basking in the sunshine and taking a
break from parkinsons so that we can find the rejuvenation to put our hand
out again to others on the path.

I hope that Barb P will eventually respond to you....and that we will all
respect each other.....and that we will continue to thrive as a support group.

Rita Weeks   57/12