Barb - When my love moved out of state, I spent countless hours sitting
on the sofa,, crying.  My cat would come up and nuzzle me and
occasionally would stand up on his hind feet (he weighs 17 lbs., so that
is quite a feat), and lick my face. He grieved with me.  Then I took my
aunt's cat in while she recuperated from a heart attack, and he stayed
completely away from me. I guess he was pouting.  When she picked up her
cat, he wouldn't leave me alone.  Now he follows me around like a puppy.
When I sit, he's right beside me, when I cook, he's right on his stool,
watching.  Anyone who thinks animals don't have feelings, should be shot
at sunrise.  Jo Ann